Some of our best run and long-standing groups are those that have been proposed and managed by community members. We love hearing new ideas and offering opportunities for members to propose groups.
- Must be a registered member of the community
- Must be willing to maintain regular presence on the sims, website, and attend in-world meetings with staff
- Must become a team player and respect both staff and fellow players at all times
Personal businesses aren’t as deeply scrutinized as factions or official businesses; it’s a great opportunity for both long-standing and new members to introduce a new business idea that they can run on their own and offer other players an opportunity to be employed there. Before proposing, please have the following ready:
- Locate an available rental on sim or acquire a piece of land where you can run your business. A SLURL to the desired or existing location will be required to copy/paste into the appropriate field in the proposal. Note – shop rental properties on the “Dead End” sim are locked until a request has been submitted and accepted.
- Business Name
- Business Type
- Business Description
- Invitation to the DE Community Leaders group to collaborate with staff and fellow leads
- Your business listed on the official Yellow Pages
- Promote your business in the newspaper
- Allowed "DE" prefixed group name and group titles for your business
Available Business Rentals:
Official businesses are those that are sponsored by the administration, don’t require rent, and is equipped with the instant-invite "For Hire" sign, employment rosters, and offer employees a way to track their working hours and accrue cred. For this reason, we look for experienced role-players to lead the group with fresh ideas and offer a helping hand to newcomers. These leaders will be considered for a position on the security team, too.
- Identify an available business you’re interested in running
When a shop rental request is submitted, an admin will review prerequisites and if there are no red flags, will unlock and assign the rental box.
When a proposal is submitted, it enters the first phase of the review process which involves an admin running a background check on the proposer’s prerequisites and making sure the proposal makes sense for the community. When an admin deems it appropriate, the proposal will then be submitted to the community via the Group Proposal subforum. After a few days of discussion, which requires the founder to answer/comment on community feedback, an admin will either approve or reject the business proposal.
Please read the following tabs for important guidelines and expectations when your proposal has been approved:
When a group proposal has been approved, founders can expect the following:
- IM from an admin indicating that the proposal has been successfully approved
- Personal business founders may create the group with the DE prefixed group name assigned by the admin and must invite Deadend Monitor with the owner role.
- Official business leaders will be assigned as "Lead" on their group roster and may request Nadir Taov to assign the "Lead" role in the in-world group.
- Both personal and official business leaders may request to join the RP Leaders group on the website where you will have access to special guides and tips to manage your group.
Managing Group Roles/Titles
- Personal business founders may create group titles to help organize and promote their group on the sim; each group title must be approved by an admin or GM.
- Official business leaders may not change entree-level roles since they are tied with the instant-invite system; they may request additional roles to Nadir Taov, but must explain why the role is necessary and how it will apply to a broad number of employees.
Please note we encourage groups to minimize the number of group titles used – a best practice is to judge how many people will actually be assigned the title and eliminate those with less than 3 active players.
Roster Management (Official Businesses Only)
Rosters were designed to help manage groups more efficiently and collaboratively. Use it to identify new employees and promote/encourage employees with a consistent presence.
Official businesses are setup with an instant-invite "For Hire" signs which validates if a user is registered or not, and offers them entree level roles to instantly join. Each employee will appear on the business roster which appears as a clip board object located usually near the register. All employees have access to view while Leads have additional access to change the level of an employee from Entree to Regular or Manager. The Regular level can also be automatically achieved by an employee for maintaining consistent presence in the business over a period of time. Also, the roster automatically marks users Inactive when they haven’t been seen on the sim for over 3 months and sends them a message when it does so.
You can also assign Notes by clicking on the table cell and entering your thoughts on the player (which will also be viewed by all employees). Note: the note for a Lead will appear at the top of the roster as a headline – use this to leave a group message for your employees logging into the roster.
Timesheet column shows an estimated number of minutes a user has spent within the business establishment.